Love, Laughter and Friends are Always Welcome

Some people come into our lives and quickly go ... some people stay a while and leave footprints on our hearts ... and we are never the same.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Visiting Teachers - Angels of the Lord

As a new Relief Society president I have struggled with how I was going to be able to know the needs of all the sisters in my ward and then help them. I just didn't know how I was physically and spiritually going to do this. A wise Bishop counselled that I can't be everywhere and that there are limitations on my time and my physical abilities. That is why the Lord put in place Visiting Teachers. I am so grateful for good visiting teachers who care for the sisters in our ward. I could not do the calling of Relief Society president without them. We need each other as sisters, to help and strengthen each other. I have often thought about the pioneer women in the early days of the church. When their husbands were gone on missions, or they were widowed, they were all right because they had other sisters to help them. I know that I will always have the sisters in Relief Society to help me through the hard times. They are angels doing the work of the Lord.

http://www.lds.org/service/leadership/relief-society?lang=eng#responsibilities-of-visiting-teachers

No comments: